What you may not realize until it's too late, is that your digital copiers and multifunction printers (MFPs) are dramatically increasing the risk of data theft from your organization.
Why you may be at risk
- Digital copiers and MFPs at risk of being hacked
- Hard drives and operating systems, linked with the ability to communicate outside of your organization, make these devices' security vulnerable just like computers and mobile devices.
- Policies that lack user authentication
- Without user credentials, like a PIN/PIC code or identity smartcard, anyone in your building can reprint documents or faxes stored on your MFPs
- No file destination control
- Common practices like scanning to an email, or using a public "scan" folder on the server, give documents the ability to make their way into the wrong hands.
- Unsecure printing output
- When documents are collecting on each remote printer or MFP device, your organization's confidential and critical information can be exposed to prying eyes, most often by accident.
- Unencrypted information being sent to/from printers or MFPs
- Lack of data encryption for your printed or scanned documents allows hackers and unauthorized users to view and obtain information within that document.
- Lack of restrictions based on role or title
- Without rules or permissions to control what users can do with the device, your own MFP can be a thief's best friend in sending confidential information outside of the organization.
How to Gain Control for your industry
While every organization no matter size or type should look to gain control of their document security, there are some industry-specific issues that are important to understand and take into consideration while architecting your plans.
MFPs have become a modern touchpoint for collaboration in the firm but access and sharing is commonly unsecureLearn more
With extensive amounts of paper needed for tasks like mortgage processing or insurance enrollments, controlling the output of documents is keyLearn more
Government organizations around the world generate and depend on more data and paper than any other industry, driving the need to secure information at every stepLearn more
- Northwest Savings Bank
- Veteran's Affairs New England
- Graubündner Kantonalbank
- SJ Berwin, LLP
At Nuance, everything we do is focused on developing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways to take command of information. Our people and our technology have pioneered the highest functioning software in the world, perfecting the ability for machines to recognize and emulate human behavior.
Talk to us
If you're ready to talk with one of our specialists about how Nuance can help you gain control of document security, please contact us and a representative will be in touch within a business day to schedule a free consultation with one of our experts.
Fill out our Contact Form and we will call you, or call us Monday through Friday at regular business hours 866.410.6069
Your information is kept strictly confidential and never used for any purposes other than to help you communicate with us to solve your problem.